CalCom Job Board
POSITION: Central Office – IT Network Technician
Sierra Tel is the proud provider of communications products to the mountain community for over 100 years including; telephone, internet, security systems, and more.
This position has the responsibility to install, maintain, configure, and/or troubleshoot Routers, Switches and Wireless networks for the Central Office LAN and subscriber facing equipment. In this role, hands-on experience with, Cisco, Juniper or other related vendor equipment, network security and infrastructure monitoring, Windows, VMWare and Linux servers are beneficial. This position will also be responsible for the maintenance of computers and laptops for the Central Office. Other duties to include POTS and DSL services and related equipment, 48 Volts of Direct Current power systems and voice mail systems. This position is required to work overtime as needed. Work schedule also includes assignment to on-call shifts on a rotating basis.
Minimum requirements for the Central Office IT Network Technician position:
1) High School Diploma or GED.
2) A.S Degree in an Information Technology field and/or five years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
3) Class C California Driver’s License with a minimum of three years unrestricted driving experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please refer to https://www.sierratel.com/employment/ for a full job description and employment application. It is preferable to include a resume and cover letter with the application. Please reference the job title in the subject line of your email. For additional information, call 559-642-0200. This institution is an Equal Opportunity provider and employer.
POSITION: Help Desk Support
The Information Systems Department at Sierra Tel is actively seeking a motivated and customer service-driven IT professional to fill the vital role of Help Desk Support. This position is responsible for installing, upgrading, and maintaining both hardware and software on the Company’s internal network. In addition, the candidate chosen for this position will actively respond to help desk tickets via incoming calls or emails for company-wide assistance with daily challenges to keep our business running smoothly. If your IT experience includes Help Desk Support within a local area network, this may be your next adventure. Sierra Tel’s benefits package includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, as well as inclusion in the 401(k) retirement plan. For a full job description, apply online to join Sierra Tel’s team of dedicated professionals and work in the Central California Sierra foothills!
- Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
- One-year related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience, of technical personal computer bench work and help desk support in a networking environment.
For consideration, please complete the online application. Full Job Description and submission instructions, as well as the application, can be located at https://www.sierratel.com/employment/. It is preferable to include a resume and cover letter with the application. For additional information, you are welcome to call 559-642-0200. This institution is an Equal Opportunity provider and employer.
POSITION: Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Sebastian is a premier provider of communications and construction services in California. With more than 70 years of experience, Sebastian is passionate about providing people with a great place to work. Our high growth and dynamic model offers employees the opportunity for career advancement. As a family company, we value the expertise and experience of our team.
The Regulatory Affairs Specialist provides support, analysis, and recommendations dealing with state and federal regulatory activities, part 64 cost allocation, model development and maintenance, and budgets for the Sebastian companies. Responsible for working with consulting firms, regulators (CPUC/FCC) and legislators in representing the company and assuring compliance with regulatory/legislative requirements. Duties include: provide support in all regulatory matters and filings, analyze and provide recommendations regarding FCC/CPUC orders and comments, assist in the preparation of rate cases and regulatory filings/compliance, development, and insurance of compliance with Part 64 non-reg accounting practices, and collection of financial information for cost separations studies. This position is primarily task-focused, which requires an analytical, results driven individual. Must be self-disciplined and have high attention to detail.
- Bachelors degree or higher in business administration, economics or relevant field, or equivalent experience.
- At least five years of experience with utility regulation.
- Experience and knowledge of the FCC Part 32 accounting and Part 36/69/64 separations process and requirements.
- Experience in rate case filings and business plan modeling.
- Experience with utility regulatory compliance and reporting.
- Must have effective communication and presentation skills.
- Must have intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must work well with internal/external contacts and represent the company effectively.
Sebastian covers the cost of health, vision, dental, long-term care, and life insurance for our employees, 401k match, paid holidays and time off, annual performance-based bonus, and more! If you are seeking a family friendly environment with career advancement opportunities then apply now by clicking here. An Equal Opportunity Employer.