CalCom Job Board
POSITION: Building Maintenance Electrician
Sierra Tel has been an integral part of the local Sierra Nevada foothill community providing essential communication services since 1895. We are a stable company in search of an experienced electrician to join the Sierra Tel family. This position will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, and functionality of electrical equipment used to operate all company facilities. The successful candidate must be proficient with 120/208/240 volts. If you are interested in becoming a part of the Sierra Tel family, apply today. The company offers medical, vision, and dental insurance, as well as inclusion in the 401(k) retirement plan.
- Five years’ experience with AC power systems, commercial building maintenance
- Preference will be given to applicants with working knowledge of HVAC and DC power conversion.
- Proficient in single and three-phase power to include 120/208/240 volts.
- Must have a valid Class C California driver’s license with three years of unrestricted driving experience.
HOW TO APPLY
For consideration, please complete the online application. Full Job Description and submission instructions, as well as the application, can be located at https://www.sierratel.com/employment/. It is preferable to include a resume and cover letter with the application. For additional information, you are welcome to call 559-642-0200. This institution is an Equal Opportunity provider and employer.
POSITION: Field Service Technician-Network
The FST-Network installs, troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains telecommunications products and equipment that TDS sells and leases (Key Systems, PBX, Centrex Systems, and/or other business systems). This position performs work associated with splicing and maintaining outside plant facilities and equipment. This position installs, splices, repairs, and maintains aerial, buried, and/or underground fiber optic and copper cable. The FST-Network has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of telecommunications.
The FST-Network has direct, face-to-face contact with our customers and is expected to be proactive with the sales of TDS services and products. Services include, but are not limited to, Telephony, Video/CATV/DBS, Internet, and/or high-speed networks. This position exceeds customer expectations by performing extraordinary customer service, identifying customer needs, and providing them with communications solutions. This position also understands how to use and demonstrate TDS products and seeks sales opportunities while educating the customer. Products & services include (but are not limited to): Local Service, Central Office Services, Structured Cabling, MAC (Moves, Adds, and Changes), Voice Mail, Audio and/or Video Conferencing, and Non-regulated CPE. To view the full job description click here.
VOLCANO COMMUNICATIONS GROUP
POSITION: Outside Plant Engineer/Manager
Volcano Communications Group in Pine Grove, CA is seeking an engineering professional to forecast, design, and coordinate the conversion of outside plant to fiber-to-the-premise, as well as the ongoing maintenance and growth of legacy facilities. Full-time position with an exceptional benefits package.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in outside plant engineering and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Clean DMV driving record; current DMV printout required
- Drug test post-job offer required
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a resume to Volcano Communications Group Attn: Human Resources 20,000 E. Hwy 88, P.O. Box 890, Pine Grove, CA 95665. FAX: 209-296-2732 EMAIL: email@example.com (Please no calls) A Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity provider and employer.
POSITION: Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Sebastian is a premier provider of communications and construction services in California. With more than 70 years of experience, Sebastian is passionate about providing people with a great place to work. Our high growth and dynamic model offers employees the opportunity for career advancement. As a family company, we value the expertise and experience of our team.
The Regulatory Affairs Specialist provides support, analysis, and recommendations dealing with state and federal regulatory activities, part 64 cost allocation, model development and maintenance, and budgets for the Sebastian companies. Responsible for working with consulting firms, regulators (CPUC/FCC), and legislators in representing the company and assuring compliance with regulatory/legislative requirements. Duties include: provide support in all regulatory matters and filings, analyze and provide recommendations regarding FCC/CPUC orders and comments, assist in the preparation of rate cases and regulatory filings/compliance, development, and insurance of compliance with Part 64 non-reg accounting practices, and collection of financial information for cost separations studies. This position is primarily task-focused, which requires an analytical, results-driven individual. Must be self-disciplined and have high attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business administration, economics or relevant field, or equivalent experience.
- At least five years of experience with utility regulation.
- Experience and knowledge of the FCC Part 32 accounting and Part 36/69/64 separations process and requirements.
- Experience in rate case filings and business plan modeling.
- Experience with utility regulatory compliance and reporting.
- Must have effective communication and presentation skills.
- Must have intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must work well with internal/external contacts and represent the company effectively.
Sebastian covers the cost of health, vision, dental, long-term care, and life insurance for our employees, 401k match, paid holidays and time off, annual performance-based bonus, and more! If you are seeking a family-friendly environment with career advancement opportunities then apply now by clicking here. An Equal Opportunity Employer.