CalCom Job Board
POSITION: Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Sebastian is a premier provider of communications and construction services in California. With more than 70 years of experience, Sebastian is passionate about providing people with a great place to work. Our high growth and dynamic model offers employees the opportunity for career advancement. As a family company, we value the expertise and experience of our team.
The Regulatory Affairs Specialist provides support, analysis, and recommendations dealing with state and federal regulatory activities, part 64 cost allocation, model development and maintenance, and budgets for the Sebastian companies. Responsible for working with consulting firms, regulators (CPUC/FCC) and legislators in representing the company and assuring compliance with regulatory/legislative requirements. Duties include: provide support in all regulatory matters and filings, analyze and provide recommendations regarding FCC/CPUC orders and comments, assist in the preparation of rate cases and regulatory filings/compliance, development, and insurance of compliance with Part 64 non-reg accounting practices, and collection of financial information for cost separations studies. This position is primarily task-focused, which requires an analytical, results driven individual. Must be self-disciplined and have high attention to detail.
- Bachelors degree or higher in business administration, economics or relevant field, or equivalent experience.
- At least five years of experience with utility regulation.
- Experience and knowledge of the FCC Part 32 accounting and Part 36/69/64 separations process and requirements.
- Experience in rate case filings and business plan modeling.
- Experience with utility regulatory compliance and reporting.
- Must have effective communication and presentation skills.
- Must have intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must work well with internal/external contacts and represent the company effectively.
Sebastian covers the cost of health, vision, dental, long-term care, and life insurance for our employees, 401k match, paid holidays and time off, annual performance-based bonus, and more! If you are seeking a family friendly environment with career advancement opportunities then apply now by clicking here. An Equal Opportunity Employer.